Friday, January 15, 2010

Quite a storm



Charlotte's little accident wasn't the only action on the ABUA camp. On the Tuesday afternoon I was in the pool with the other three kids (Charlotte was in Cordoba hospital with Julie) and a huge storm blew across. We could see the very black cloud coming, and it was really moving. So we got out of the pool and took shelter in the hall of the campsite.

Then it hit. It was incredible. The wind was possibly the strongest I have experienced. THe hall we were in had a tin roof- and the noise was deafening. It felt like the roof could blow off at any moment! I huddled with the kids and a group of students (whom I had convinced fortunately not to go anywhere just before it hit). We prayed, sang some songs and then played some games while the storm blew itself out.

When we came out there were trees and tree branches everywhere. What a mess. The city of Villa María was a mess- and we had no power for over 12 hours.



We ended up having the student Congress that night by candlelight- which felt either very romantic, or very Catholic!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment