Thursday, September 15, 2011
I like Thursdays
Why do I like Thursdays?
Because on Thursday afternoons Martin takes care of the kids´ homework, while I go ´on campus´!!!
About a month ago Martin and I made a swap, so that I could take responsibility of the ABUA bible study group from the Languages faculty. We recognised that this faculty is full of female students, and it would make more sense for me to take part.
Today seven of us met in the grounds outside the Languages faculty to read Luke 11 - the passage about the Lord´s Prayer. We had a lively discussion, a great prayer time, and enjoyed mate (argentine tea) and banana cake.
After the group I was able to meet individually with one of the girls. She is a delightful mature Christian woman, who is planning to marry her North American boyfriend early next year. We were able to talk about the imminent marriage, the difficulty of long distance relationships, and consider the possibility of getting together as two couples, via SKYPE, to do some marriage preparation.
I really enjoy taking a more active role in the ABUA work.
That´s why I like Thursdays.
Posted by Julie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

How exciting, Julie! Your Thursdays sound great.
ReplyDeleteI hope you get to do the marriage prep together too - we've got great memories of our time doing it with you guys!
Sarah