There is a protest in the Law Faculty of the University of Córdoba at the moment. A group of students have 'taken' the offices of the Rector of the faculty, although I noticed today when I passed that the students seemed to have set up tents in the street outside the faculty (perhaps the police had been able to remove them).
These students are law students from an 'old plan'- that is old system of subjects and requirements. It is the plan from 1985/1992 which was replaced by a newer plan in 2000. These students have been allowed until recently to keep studying on the old plan, but now the faculty has said time is up!
I was chatting to a law student today and he was against the protests- he reckoned that they had had their chance- given that all of them had entered uni before the year 2000.And given that the new degree is significantly more difficult and of course, more up to date!
No comments:
Post a Comment