Thursday, February 16, 2012

Fashion Police Interrogation


In a horrified voice ... "No mum, I can't possibly wear a DRESS, this is a Selena Gomez concert. Don't you know what they'll all be wearing?"

Well, no actually. Fill me in. As a result of Grandma and Grandad's generous Christmas money gift which had the explicit instructions to take the kids to a show in their absence, the girls and I were fortunate that teenage Disney singer/actress Selena Gomez made a stop off in our city.

Actually there were plenty of mums and grandmas accompanying their young ladies to the concert, but I would have loved to witness our grandad being one of the few valiant males in the auditorium. AND watching the girls subject HIM to fashion police scrutiny....

... instead, it was me who had the wardrobe scoured, and clothing carefully selected.



We had a wonderful night. I've never seen so many screaming 8-14 year old girls in the one venue. Nor have I ever seen our 9 year old's eyes light up in quite the same way. Or seen our 12 year old completely devour her fingernails in eager anticipation.

And the question of my fashion sense? Well virtually every girl at the concert had bought a piece of clothing merchandise from outside the venue - a T shirt, bandana, hat, cape, etc. All the products outside the auditorium were 'truchos'; fakes.
And this was very obvious both in price ($50 T shirts outside, whilst the authentic shirts inside were $80) and quality .... we spotted various models sporting horrible spelling mistakes.

But no-one was complaining. The 'truchos' were snapped up whilst the real deal lay quietly inside, virtually untouched.

So thanks to Grandma and Grandad for a wonderful night out. It's a shame you couldn't take the girls yourselves, to bop along with the best of 'em!

Posted by Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment