One Argentine supermarket chain has a new strategy to manage the maddening inflation jumps ....
...once a month they lure shoppers into the store by offering a whopping 30% off all products!
As most Argentines are paid monthly, with the current economic strain the final week of the month can be very lean. I have noticed, for example, that our local Wednesday street market was like a ghost town at the close of last month. My fruit & vegie vender, Daniel, was at wits end, anxious for all the boxes of perishable produce he couldn´t sell.
So today one large supermarket chain offered a 30% refund from the
bank if the goods were paid with a certain credit card. I joined the
throngs of people .... I´ve never seen this enormous store so busy ....
The
entire shopping trip took me three and a half hours! The queue snaked
around the enormous store, and the shoppers were surprisingly good
humoured given the lengthy delays.
One great purchase
that made the trip particularly worthwhile was that I found ABUA Cordoba
some more chairs for our ever-growing monthly meetings. The store was
liquidating plastic chairs in odd colours ... mustard yellow, lime
green, and this spectacular purple .... what do you think? Worth the
discount? The ladies in the queue didn´t think so....
Posted by Julie
No comments:
Post a Comment