Thursday, September 6, 2012

´Got anything to give me?´

We frequently get knocks on the door, accompanied by petitions ...
´my child is sick and I need money for her medicine...
I don´t have work and I´m supporting my elderly parents....
my children need milk....
my husband needs work...
my kids need school supplies..

But today´s visitor cut to the chase....  ´have you got anything to give me?'

´Excuse me?´

Í said, have you got anything to give me´she said, looking sheepishly between me and her toddler son.
Both better dressed than myself, her partner had just walked ahead with baby in the stroller.

It made me cringe.

Ánd what is it that you need?¨

Ánything you´d like to give, anything leftover.

My question is ... ¿How do you respond to that?

She got toilet paper and a disgruntled attitude from me, but at least she was honest and didn´t spin me a yarn.

Posted by Julie

1 comment: