I have just been into the centre of Córdoba, again, this time to buy a new phone recharger. Last week I bought the phone, but the recharger was stolen over the weekend.
I was in Buenos Aires for the weekend, heading to the bus terminal from the train station. It's an area renowned for being a bit (or a lot) dodgy. When I arrived at the bus terminal, ready to hop on a bus to come back to Córdoba, I noticed that the front pocket of my backpack was open. Very sus. At the time I didn't notice anything missing, but when I got home and went to recharge my phone...
It's a strange thing... we lived all of last year in Buenos Aires, and had nothing happen to us personally (Julie did see a girl have her necklace ripped from her neck by a guy on a motorbike). This year, I have been back 3 times for very short visits, and 2 out of the 3 times I have had something stolen. In July, when I went to meet my sister there, her camara was stolen from my pocket on the subway. Maybe I'm being less careful. Or maybe, thanks to God's kindness, we had a very smooth first year without any of those hassles which might have made us feel very unsettled. I'm very thankful for that- there was enough going on in that year as it was!
By the way, the travel insurance coughed up and we have a new camera now. I think it's easier to use, even though it cost less.
ReplyDeleteYou might end up like one of those american tourists with a bum bag on your front.
Love Yous Orll,
Mokl