Last Saturday I spent, not a few minutes at the door, but a whole day with a bunch of 20 or so Mormons.
It was a working bee at Jacob's preschool. The job was to paint the whole preschool- which is no small task. One of the preschool families is Mormon- and they brought along a whole crew of young people from their church to help out. These young people weren't the missionaries who come for two years- these were regular Mormons, most of whom are in Córdoba to study. This is something they regularly do - a service to the community. They even had a type of painting coat that they put over the clothes which did a bit of advertising.
I didn't get to chat much because of how the work teams were split up but it was certainly interesting to see them in action. Quite a witness- I'm not sure what the other parents thought.
Unfortunately there weren't all that many parents from the preschool involved but we did get a fair bit done.
Of course we finished the day with some barbecued meat- this time chorizo sausage and chicken!
No comments:
Post a Comment