Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Off to immigration again!

Tomorrow we head off to immigration to ask for Permanent Residency in Argentina. we think we have all we need... but one never knows. Last year when we tried it was a very stressful day. We are praying it might be a bit smoother this year.

Today I learned that sometimes you need to keep trying...I needed a form filled in at the local police station to prove we live at this address for the immigration department. I had paid the AR$6 at the bank in town yesterday and so last night I went to the police station with my two witnesses. However the officer on duty said that this form was only good for me- I couldn't add the family to it. I needed to get a different form for the rest of the family- which if course involved another trip to the bank and lining up my witnesses etc... This was despite the fact that a different officer had told me last week that there was no problem in putting all the family on the form.

My friend suggested that we just try again in the morning when there is someone else on duty. And so we did. And there was no problem- all the family on the one form. This officer didn't think twice about doing it.

So much of the 'tramite' stuff depends on 'quien te toca'- who you get dealing with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment