Our eldest, L, who has just turned 12 has been invited to a few parties this year from classmates. Last year most of the parties finished at midnight. This year the first invite was for a party that was from 9pm to 1am. We thought that was late. This week he recieved one that starts at 11pm and ends at 3am. He is in first year of high school.
Fortunately we are away for the weekend, so we don't need to make a decision. Maybe there is a competition going on to see who can have the latest party.
Thoughts anyone on handling this cross cultural dilemma- I really don't want to have to get out of bed at 3am to pick up my 12 year old from a party! Am I selfish or what?
haha, now that is a total shocker! I usually go for the "sorry, we can't come, but you understand how pathetic and weak we are" line. Can't your kids use the same one? "Mum won't let me... she's so weak!!" :)
ReplyDelete