My dad has often talked about learning to be a 'defensive driver' ... I assumed he meant that I must always be conscious of what others are doing on the road so that I can respond appropriately.
I think I understand this advice even more, now that we are back in Argentina. Today I had to laugh ... I was returning from the city centre in lunchtime traffic and arrived at a familiar but busy roundabout ... the sort that has 2 or 3 lanes of traffic going around it (hard to tell exactly as there are no lanes marked though).
I reached the roundabout with a bevy of cars, motorbikes and taxis. I hustled my way past a cyclist, then into the roundabout where I was jostled by a bus, which was making space for a horse and cart.
To top it off, a stray dog timed his road crossing badly, running out in front of the car/bus/horse-and-cart combo.
Everyone sailed through the roundabout without incident, thanks to some great defensive driving!
Posted by Julie
No comments:
Post a Comment