What do you do when your partner is hard at work sweeping the leaves off the paths in order to earn a little bit of cash?
Well you stand and watch her of course.
Yesterday Maria came to our house to sweep the paths out the front. She is keen for whatever little bit of work we can give her. She works pretty solidly for 2 hours and we pay her for it. We figure it is a much better option than simply giving her a handout. Normally she comes on her bicycle.
But yesterday her partner (boyfriend or husband) had brought her on his motorbike. And for the whole 2 hours he stood there and watched her work. He didn't lift a finger, he didn't sit down. He just stood and watched her (even though there were 2 brooms!). I wasn't really sure what to do- do I ask him if he wants to do something?- but I didn't really have anything for him to do.
I presume that he was the designated driver for the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment